Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth!



Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. again! My birthday was on Friday and I spent Thursday and Friday celebrating! And then of course, I worked all day and night Saturday and yesterday was 4th of July here in the US. I had really wanted to post this postcard yesterday but I went to fireworks with friends (fireworks that never actually went off) and then didn't get home until I was absolutely exhausted. So I hope everyone, both in the US and elsewhere, had a happy 4th!

The reason I had wanted to post this card yesterday is because it is patriotic. Both the picture on the front and words on the back moved me.

Here is the text on the back of the card:
I had held onto this card for a long time, I thought about just keeping it but I think out of all the cards I have, this best represents love. A lot of friends and family have served in the military, and I think to possibly sacrifice your life is true love for your country, it's ideals, and your family. Whether you agree with any war or not, it's important to recognize and appreciate the efforts of our soldiers.

Whether you are a citizen of the United States or not, we can all appreciate that soldiers, from here or abroad, are important and should be honored, regardless of where you stand politically. While I don't always agree with whatever is going on politically, having friends and family who have served in both Afghanistan and Iraq, you can bet all the money you have that I support our troops and I support their getting home as quickly and safely as possible.

B., thank you so much for reminding all of us the importance of supporting our troops, and reminding us that we should all love our country as much as they do. While patriotic holidays like the 4th remind us of this, we should try harder to honor our troops and patriotic ideals all year round.

Thanks again B. for your card and your words! I will have another postcard up in the near future.

Until next time,
-Jill

1 comment:

  1. yessss so glad you got it and liked it! I didn't even realize how appropriate it would be with July 4th haha yay!

    ReplyDelete